2012 ULI Florida Summit
ULI Florida Summit 2013: Get Ahead of Change
Are you ahead of the changes coming in your business, industry sector and stakeholder expectations?
The ULI Florida Summit is the one place where you will connect with Florida's leading experts and practitioners from private practice, public sector and academia to learn how to "Get Ahead of Change" in creating and sustaining thriving communities.
Join us for two power-packed days of speakers, expert panel discussions, highly interactive sessions, mobile tours and networking events.
Keynote Speaker: The Honorable Sheila C. Bair
Sheila C. Bair served as the 19th Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation for a five-year term, from June 2006 through June 2011. As FDIC Chairman, Ms. Bair presided over a tumultuous period in the nation's financial sector, working to bolster public confidence and system stability.
What's Next: Getting Ahead of Change
What's Next? Real Estate in the New Economy ULI's 75th anniversary publication, has been the catalyst for programs in councils and meetings across the Institute, including the inaugural ULI Florida Summit in 2012 in St. Petersburg. By engaging in this dialogue, ULI members celebrated the past by looking forward and shaping the future. This year's publication is What's Next: Get Ahead of Change
Florida Mayors Forum: Moderated by Peter Rummell, ULI Chairman
Join Florida's larger community mayors to continue the conversation started at last year's ULI Florida Summit. This panel will share insights on local economic development, major land use challenges and opportunities, and how they are positioning their communities to thrive in the new market.
More than 300 ULI members and non-members who are interested in the progress and prosperity of our state convene at the annual statewide Summit. It is hosted and produced jointly by the five ULI District Councils of Florida.
Established in 1936, the Urban Land Institute has nearly 30,000 members worldwide, representing the entire spectrum of the land use and development disciplines. ULI relies heavily on the experience of its members. It is through member involvement and information resources that ULI has been able to set standards of excellence in development practice. The Institute has long been recognized as one of the world's most respected and widely quoted sources of objective information on urban planning, growth, and development.
ULI is committed to:
- Bringing together leaders from across the fields of real estate and land use policy to exchange best practices and serve community needs
- Fostering collaboration within and beyond ULI's membership through mentoring, dialogue, and problem solving
- Exploring issues of urbanization, conservation, regeneration, land use, capital formation, and sustainable development
- Advancing land use policies and design practices that respect the uniqueness of both the built and natural environments
- Sharing knowledge through education, applied research, publishing, and electronic media
- Sustaining a diverse global network of local practice and advisory efforts that address current and future challenges
ULI mission: The mission of the Urban Land Institute is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.